Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve 2016

Two Thousand Sixteen!  Wow, what a year!  So many events have happened in the last 365 days... I won't go through them all, you can read the blog... :) The biggest change was Gav going to boarding school and only having one child at home.  It's taken some adjustment be we all have survived!

This Christmas season, having all the kids home, has been the greatest ever!  I have truly appreciated all the time we have spent together and really don't want it to end!  I love watching them become young adults.  

So when we were asked if we wanted to go to the New Year's Eve party, at the Lupe, we didn't even hesitate in buying six tickets.  Wait! What am I thinking?!?  I'm taking my babies to an adult party!!  I guess they have to grow up sometime, after all, we do have and adult child and one very close behind!  

I figured if we were going to do this, we may as well go all out and by going all out, that's putting myself in a dress!  Yah, it's something I rarely do, so it must be special times!  And IF I am wearing a dress, then the rest of the crew better get their grove on and dress themselves up too!!  Painful for some, easy for others...  But Momma said so, so jump to it!! ;)

To start to the night, the three girls kicked Chris out of the bathroom so we could get all glammed up.

Arrival at the Lupe.  Everyone cleaned up well!  And there are smiles!!   

Dinner time.


Zedd came by to say hi.

My table mates!

*Whisteling!*

Friends...
Mick dressing up.  This is for you Dad! xo

Danella and Julie.  Danella has the selfie on her camera... ;)

Merv...  Tree hugging Merv!  What a hoot!

Card Ladies.  There were not a whole lot of us at the party...  But some of the most awesome ladies in the world!

Chappie, the President Director.  Everyone loved him and he did quite well playing in the band for a few songs.

Partying on the dance floor!  The gal in pink, Sarah, goes to school at Dalat with the kids.

Marz, Sarah, and Meg, the sister of Sarah.  She is a special one! :)

 The blur, Kate, the only one dancing.  The other two trying to decide...


I told Ted to dance... then I told him to stop! ;)


Chris and his office girls.  They loved that he got on the dance floor with them!

Do we? Do we not?  A twenty minute decision to dance...  Pretty sure it ended up not!

The brain...

Me and my babies.  Sorry Ted, I didn't get one with just me and you!




Yup, we are done with the pics for mom! ;)

We made it until 11 at the party, then home.  We did stay up past midnight, but only by a hair!

And that's it!  2016 is done and in the record books.  What a year!  

To all our friends and family around the globe, we love you all!  We wish all the best for you and your loved ones in the next year!  God bless you all and may all your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment