Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ladies Gift Exchange

The Ladies Gift Exchange is one of the best times for the ladies on site.  We all get together to celebrate Christmas and have a great time "stealing" from each other.  

This is my fifth year helping out with the event.  Carol, has graciously let me run with decorating ideas and Emceeing the event.  She on the other hand, does all the "dirty" work, or at least the stuff I don't like to do... Organizing everything from the email invites, to the alcoholic beverages served up by Santa, to reserving the venue.   

This year we thought we would try a different color scheme to the previous years and went with turquoise and purple.  I must say, Carol and I did a great job coordinating all the colors!  She was shopping in the US and I was shopping online in Indonesia.  I would send her ideas and she would run all over town looking for the perfect color and decorating item I was looking for.  Fortunately, there were only two items that didn't meet the color standards out of everything we ordered/bought! (And those were my fault!!) We Did Good!! :)

A cousin of mine asked me on FB how on earth do we get all the decorations to the middle of the jungle... Well, DHL baby!!  We rely heavily on DHL bringing all the goodies to us!

First things first, because we always forget, we need to take a picture of the two of us! ;)
"But first, let me take a selfie!' :D

The decorations...









I don't get pictures of the actual going ons as my phone is docked to the sound system. That and I am a little busy keeping the party going! :) Next year, I will have to do a little something different...

Once the party is over, the cameras come out and we try to get pics with everyone dressed up and not in gym clothes.  I really fail at this.... I don't get enough pics of all the ladies.  Everyone looked great!

Quite a few more "selfies"...




No selfie here...

Or here...

Taking a pic for Chris and resting my tired feet.  I must say, my shoes were really awesome... again!  Too bad I didn't get a close up!  ;)

Another great party in the bag!  I can't wait for next year and the excitement the Ladies Gift Exchange brings!  The ladies on site may not always see eye to eye, but the Gift Exchange brings us all together for one afternoon and I guess that's what Christmas is all about!

xoxo

Big thanks to Danella for sharing her pictures from the night! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment