Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve - Getting Ready

This year we decided to bring the boarding school kids back to Tembag to hang out at home and celebrate Christmas.  So once again, we wanted to hold our 2nd annual Christmas Eve party.

Christmas Eve back home, in the US, is a HUGE party.  After church, we usually go to my parents to have a Sloppy Joe and Oyster Stew dinner.  So I have tried to recreate this here in Tembag.  

The first year was a success because my parents were here and my mom knows how to make the Oyster Stew.  This year, we went without the Oyster Stew, and I am soooo not complaining!!!, but I did make the Sloppy Joe's.

In order to have a successful party, we called in a bit of help to extend a covered area so we could hold the party outside.  I'm not sure this is the kind of help I should have hired, but beggars can't be choosers!! ;)

Teddy's just tall enough...

The pictures are a little bit out of order, but I am too lazy to delete the them and rearrange them in chronological order. ;)

All week, my kitchen was busy with Marz baking up many yummy treats!  Here's the list:  Shortbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, six batches of hard rock candy, two flavors of truffles, peanut butter/chocolate cereal bars, sugar cookies, four batches of peanut brittle, popcorn balls, birthday cake, and cupcakes.  I should have kept track of how many pounds of sugar we used!! :)

Marz trying her hardest to decorate like mom. ;)

Letting the pro show Marz how it's done! 

Just some pictures for memories...




So much food, so much preparation!  Now on to the party!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment