Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day

I'm telling you, life is not "normal"!!  Actually, our life hasn't been normal for a long time!  Like the last seven years to be exact! ;)  What I am finding out with bigger, older kids, is that the excitement is still there Christmas morning, but they contain it so much better now.  I'm not sure if that's better or not....  I kind of miss the little kid wake up at 5 am and run down to see all the presents under the Christmas tree mornings!

This was our new "normal", I guess...

The kids slowly wake up.  They slowly make their way downstairs...  they checked out whatever news is going on in the world or Facebook...  They slowly wake up...  I say to them, aren't you wanting to tear into the presents... I get a shoulder shrug... Whenever...  They are very go-with-the-flow... 

Around 7, we are actually thinking of going to wake Gabby up just so we could get the present unwrapping started so we wouldn't be late for church!  

Again, the kids are very noncommittal to that... Finally around 7:30, Gabby makes her way downstairs...  But still!!!  They just hang out on the couch... no one is really excited to start the unwrapping!!

Hello... anyone...???

Gabby needed a snuggle with mom. :)

Finally, everyone decides we better get to the unwrapping of the presents.  But wait!!!  Everyone has to go potty first!  I kid you not!!!  It's almost like we were getting ready for a road trip and before everyone got in the car, it was "I need to use the toilet ONE MORE TIME!!"  Truly!!  Are we all from the nursing home?!?!?  Is this my new "normal"???  :D

Gavin is put in charge of passing out the presents this year.

The unwrapping...





The boys trying out their stuff.... They asked for head gear so they could spar at school!

Looking tough...

Gav getting ready to report for duty.

Yah, this...  Yes, he asked for it!!  What is it you may be asking yourself??  According to Ted, it's his dog collar and leash...  Sooooo funny!!!  The kids were laughing sooooo hard!  Chris was not that amused...  You actually strap weights on the chain part and then lift your head up so you can strengthen your neck.  BEST PRESENT EVER!!! :D

With the presents unwrapped and church service over, we make our way up to Hidden Valley for lunch at Mick and Danella's.  Again, more food than we know what to do with, and so yummy!!  I actually had my first taste of deep fried turkey!!  It's was awesome!!


After lunch, the kids played a fun game that entailed unwrapping a very well taped present with oven mittens on.

Then before we leave the fun relaxing afternoon, we first... have to take a selfie!  Well, we didn't do a selfie... not sure why... I really need to go back through they years and see how many Danella and I actually have. :)

Photo bomber!!  Mick definitely brings down the beauty level of this pic! ;)


All the ladies...

And my favorite pic of the day....  These two just wanted to snuggle with me!! ;)

So that's it.  Christmas has come and gone... again!  The years are going by too fast!  We figure we have next Christmas in Tembagapura with all the kids, that is if Marz comes back here from school... and then who knows...  But I'm not going to dwell on that...  I love the time we have with the kids and will cherish it always and be thankful always!

What I want for Christmas can't be bought.  I just want my kiddos around me laughing and being together.  I had that this year!  There's probably not many more of these, but I will take what I can get and be thankful no matter what!

May you all have a blessed Christmas wherever you are in this world!  God bless you all!

**Jesus Christ is Born!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment