Thursday, October 13, 2016

Las Vegas - Day Five

Today, was an AWESOME day!!  

After another night of little sleep, all I wanted to do was sleep in... So why I said yes to driving Dream Cars can only be attributed to finding out that I could drive a Mercedes!  

I am not a thrill seeker, so the thought of going over 100 mph down a straight away, slamming on the breaks, and then taking a 90 degree left turn, was NEVRE EVER in my "dreams when I grow up" category!

We leave the Venetian Hotel and head to the race track.  Again Redpath spoiled us and got the three of us our very own limo!



Once there, we signed in and the first thing they did, was make us sit and watch a 20 minute video on how to drive the cars!!  I am freaking out!!  Sit!!  I am riding on 4 hours sleep and they want me to sit and watch TV and learn something!!  I know that that is not a good combination for me.  If I sit, I fall asleep!!  I really can't as I need to pay attention to the rules and how to paddle shift!!

I just remember telling myself, "Stay awake!! Stay AWAKE!! This is life or death!!" :)  I think I only dozed a couple times... But the good news is, I am here writing the story, so I didn't die... ;)

The entrance...

After the 20 minute video, they put our driving skills to the test in the simulators.  Very smart people!

Here I am, you can see my driving coaches hand...  The only advice he gave me was to NEVER let go of the steering wheel!!  That was after I spun out!!!  EEKS!!! :D

I must say, I was soooooo nervous doing this!  Jay my professional driver, was great at keeping my nerves down.  And then we went driving, no I mean RACING, on the track!

IT WAS SO FUN AND SOOOOOOOOO THRILLING!!!

I cannot believe how much I enjoyed the racing!

Here's me in my favorite car, the Mercedes! It was beautiful! The leather was so soft, smooth, and sleek.  The set hugged me just right... It was the perfect car for me!!  Chris... This may just have to be a present for me one day!! ha ha ha!!

Me and my pro driver Jay.  Great guy!

Now I have to admit, the Mersades was NOT my favorite car in the handling department...  It was an all wheel drive and handled way differently than all the other ones.

Here is my favorite one to drive:  The Audi.  I loved how this car hugged the track!  I was even told to slow down going around a corner in this car! LOL!  I think I may have scared Jay a little... ;)

Danella with the Ferrari.  This also handled quite well.

I don't have any better pictures of the other two cars we drove, but they were a Nissan and a Porsche. We got to take each of the five cars around the track for four laps.

I cannot express my gratitude and excitement enough for how awesome this day was!!  Bruce and the Redpath team, Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!  This is a memory that I will never forget!!

*This was only half of day five...  I think it needs its own blog post.  So stay tuned to Day Five Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment