Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gav's Last Day

... Of school in Tembagapura!

Can you believe it?!?!  I hardly can!  Gavin is officially finished with school in Tembagapura!  I have no idea where the time went. I know people always say that, but time moves at warp speed here!! Nothing moves faster. We really just got back from Christmas vacation!

When we first arrived on site, Gavin was only in the 2nd grade!  He was so little!  This picture is from our first day arriving in Tembag!

Today on Gav's last day of school...



Once the kids had had enough of all the photos, we finally made our way to school. I'm pretty sure Gav was relieved to get that over with. ;)

Then the afternoon came...  I have not been looking forward to this for more than a week now. Gavin's farewell at school...  You would think that I would be a professional with these things because I have gone through two of them already. I mean, it's not like Gav's going to boarding school tomorrow...!!  He will be with me all summer...  But, this hasn't gotten easier. If I really sit back and think about it, I'm thinking it is only getting harder... What happened to my house full of kids?  "And then there was one..." Is starting to become my least favorite saying...  

But for Gavin's sake we motored through all the farewells. The video that Gav's teacher Mr. Gary made was great and if I could upload it to the blog, I would. (I just don't have it yet.). Gabby also wanted to do a video for her brother and it was just as great!  There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd!

Mr James, the school's principal, gave a little farewell speech. He has been a teacher of Gavin's since Gav was in the 4th grade. 

After the videos, the kids had an opportunity to come express their farewells to Gav. This one from Tristin was especially sweet, because these two boys have been around each other for the last 6 years, and they don't always see eye to eye, but they always work it out. :)

Gabby went up and told Gavin how much she would miss him. :). Who knew? ;)

One of the interesting things about this school, is that the kids are very good at saying good bye and also saying hello to the new kids. There is always someone coming and going. It's just part of life here. No one stays forever. ... Well mom, at least I hope not. ;). The kids all learn to adapt to the continual changes of the student body. They are very good at adapting. 

Of course no farewell is completely done until every last picture is taken... Sorry Gav, bare with me... You will appreciate the photos when you are older. :)
 
Gav and Mr. James

Our shrinking family...

Proud pop and Gav. Just one last photo in front of the school. :)

And no, leaving Tembagapura is not complete until we get together with friends and have our Hot Stone dinner at the Lupe!  Between the three families, there are eight kids. Counting Gavin, five are in boarding school which means only three left!  We are not going to say that too loud because after January, another one is gone. And a year from now, this will be us all over again with Gabby!  Heaven help me!

So as I sit here in a quiet house, I keep thinking of all the times when I couldn't wait for the kids to grow up. Parents, don't do that. They grow up to fast!  Who cares if they make a mess and are loud, someday, your house will be clean and quiet...  

You know, Mr. James had to keep telling the younger kids that this wasn't good bye forever... Gavin, along with his boarding school siblings, will be back for Christmas!  I just have to keep telling myself the same thing...

God bless you Gavin!  xoxo

PS. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment