Saturday, May 28, 2016

4th Place Finish

Chris and I went down for the Trikndo golf tournament today. Trikndo is a company that supplies heavy equipment to the mines. We golfed with a couple who just moved to site, Mark and Terri. We had the highest handicap of all the teams. I believe it was 14.875!  We should have had the tournament in the bag! But.... We did not... We finished at even par for the day, but even better we had a great time!  Well, I'm not sure that's better.... I just want to win ONE tournament that I play in!!! Good thing we will be here for a while... ;)

I now have been golfing for a few years here but never seem to take very many pictures. So today, I thought I would change that streak... I should not have wasted my time and concentrated on my game!!!  Needless to say, I did not play well.  Thank goodness for Mark and Chris! I am going to have to be careful, or Chris is going to be beating me on a regular basis! ;)

Since this is Gav's last weekend on site before we go home for the summer, he decided to tag along with us for the day. He was a trooper and walked the whole course and never once hit a ball! Silly kid! 

Mommy and Gav. 

Gav not very happy with mommy... Oh wait, his emotions didn't change... Who knows what he was thinking... ;)

Chris teeing off. 

Me teeing off. 

Gavin messing with my phone. 


Our 4th place net team. 18th hole. 

All tournament fees were donated to one of the orphanages in Timika. The kids came out and sang for us. 

In the club house waiting for awards.

Then it was time to go back up the mountain. We have lots to do in the next three days to get ready for our summer break!  It was great to get down the mountain one last time and of course, finish in the top 5! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment