Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Senior Tea - Theodore


If this isn't one of my favorite Dalat events, I don't know what is...

The Senior Tea is a night to celebrate every one of the seniors and their God-given talents.  This night isn't just about giving out an award for the best academics or about the best athletes, but it's about one student being honored by one of their favorite, most respected teacher at Dalat.  It's about a teacher having one last moment, before graduation, to encourage and influence a student before they go out in this big complicated world.

Tonight Teddy was honored Mr. Maurin, who is a math teacher at Dalat.  Mr. Maurin was very kind and generous with his compliments of Theo.  Have a listen... it's less than two minutes. ;)

Pics from the night... I was a very naughty mommy and really didn't take any... Sorry Teddy. :(  I will do better on graduation night, I promise! ;)



Below, the only pic I got with Teddy and "important" people other than his mom and dad...

I need to mention the Rogers.  Mr and Mrs Rogers were very important this year in the lives of our three boarding school kids.  After the October break, the original dorm parents left Dalat. Mr and Mrs Rogers stepped up and took the job, as temp dorm parents, along with their full time teaching jobs.  They were a godsend to our kids!  It was exhausting work for them, but they graciously did the job and I never saw or heard them complain.  Truly givers!  Our children, along with myself, are very thankful for the Rogers' time as dorm parents.

Two days and counting until graduation day...

No comments:

Post a Comment