Tuesday, May 8, 2018

My Dad - Update 2

First of all, our family would like to give a big THANK YOU each and every one of you for all the prayers and words of encouragement that have been sent in regards to dad.  Please know that we are so grateful for the outpouring of support and we love you all!

Dad -
Thankfully dad's heart was strong enough for the bone biopsy to be performed today!!!  Now it's just more waiting on the results...  Nothing like a big does of patience being taught! ;)  Hopefully by Thursday afternoon, we will know what we are dealing with or we may just find that dad is a "perfect specimen of man."  Anyone who knows my dad can probably hear him say that to the doctors AND the nurses! LOL! 😂  He definitely has not lost his sense of humor!

Now the "other" fun stuff....
As some of you my have seen today on Facebook....  Thank you Q1! 😉

This was dad visiting ME in the ER!


Here's the story....

When I landed in LA last Monday, April 30th, my side started aching.  Nothing new for me as I fly all over God's Green Earth and do get myself dehydrated.  I've also been known to have had a couple kidney stones but haven't had one for quite a while.  I usually know when my side starts to ache, that I need to start pouring the water down my throat to try and stop the stones from forming and get my kidneys cleaned out!

So I do... drink... water... all last week.  I'm constantly drinking water, but still not getting any better, but also not getting any worse.  Well, I have to start flying/traveling again this coming Friday.  On Friday I fly to Michigan to go fetch Marz and then we will drive back to Aberdeen. (My mom was going to do this before dad got sick.)  I have to be back in ABR by Sunday morning at 7 am because I am scheduled to be on a flight From ABR-MSP-LAX-HKG-DPS-KUL-PEN!  Yah, I'm exhausted already... 😉 Soooooo, I really didn't want to be on a flight without some really strong meds just in case a stone feels like it needs to present itself.

Yesterday, Brandei calls her Dr. friend to see if she could get me in today and I got a call back this morning from the doctor's office. Because they will either need to do an CT scan or Ultrasound, I just need to go to the ER and check in.  I'm really not impressed with that choice, but the alternative of traveling without meds is much worse.

CT scan done, no kidney problem.  Only an ovarian cyst.  Nothing to it, I get those all the time... 😳

Our matching bracelets.  Shannon said he needed to get out of the hospital before he got one! LOL!😂


Again, Thank you all for the prayers!!

To Be Continued....

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you smiling through the whole thing- that's the way.
    You are doing awesomely.

    ReplyDelete