Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hong Kong Day 3

No Puking!

The Peak Tram.  Up first on today's list of things to do... 

Because we are now professional MTR navigators, we don't have to walk all the way down here!  Thank goodness!  We get on the MTR at Causeway bay to Central.  Why on earth did we not discover how to use this the first day??? Sooooo, Soooo EASY!!!

Sorry, on with the story....

The tram takes you up, in a cable car (Thank heavens not one of those pod thingy's that dangle from a cable wire!! I am not a fan of those!) to the top of Victoria Peak.  Victoria Peak is the highest point on Hong Kong Island.  At the top, there is a 360 degree viewing deck for all to get a good look of HKG island.

My newest friend in the whole world!  With the exception of last night's "jade" markets, these guys have helped us out immensely! [Not sure how the jade market helped you out mother, but okay...]

Waiting with the mob.  I tell you, I love my time with Marz, but I cannot wait to get back home where I am not body bumping into everyone as I walk along!  There are just too many people!! ;)

On the tram...  I really hope I don't puke!  It's almost like a carnival ride... ;)

I cannot describe how steep this ride up the hill is... And the pictures won't do it justice either...

As we waited in line to buy our tickets, we thought we would buy the whole package deal and go see Madame "whomever"... We at first thought it was a magic show... We can't read Chinese... and the guy on the poster looked like a magician... :D Boy oh boy were we wrong...  It was a wax museum!! LOL!! All are life sized wax replicas of the real people. So we take a little detour as we are known to do... ;)

Me and not my boy, Brad Pitt. He is really a small dude...

And then we have Miss photogenic...  So we had some fun with a few pic of me thrown in...

Every time I glance at this pic, I think its a pic of my sister and wonder what's she doing here... ;)  Can you even imagine???

Oh wait, another pic of me.... ha ha!  Just practicing for the future... Madam President... Hmmmm... I kinda like the sound of that.  After all, I was PTA president at one time... lol!!

Ok, now I think the rest are of Marz...


Look who we found... Joko, president of Indonesia.  BTW, we also found (whisper) Obama, but my camera wasn't quite working at that exact moment... Have no idea what happened! ;)

Probably my most favorite and coolest pic of the day!




This was sooooo funny!

I guess one more of me... I am not a small woman.  This guy is/was huge!!



For dad... and Ernanto... ;)

We finally stop taking detours and get to the top observation deck.



It was FREEZING!  I'm pretty sure the temp at the hotel was 14 celsius [about 57 to you uncultured swine] (Oh my gosh! LOL!!  I just snorted out loud!!  Someone has hacked my computer!!  MARZ!!!) when we left, but the wind was blowing like we were back in South Dakota... That bone chilling cut right through you cold wind... Well at least for me...  Marz thought it was just right. I mean look at how she is dressed!  I was covered from head to toe and still not warm enough!! ;)




Enough pictures! Get out of the cold already! :D

Like Singapore, almost every building here has some form of shopping and places to eat.  At the top of Victoria Peak, they had Forrest Gump and Hard Rock restaurants.  We chose Forrest for lunch. :)

The cable car to take us back down.

I found it interesting that everyone sat backwards on the way down.  Then at about the half way point it dawned on me that the reason for this is because the ride is so steep that if you were sitting facing forward, you would fall right out of your seat!  It's was very difficult to get that feeling in a picture! So I didn't... But not for lack of trying. ;)

This shot I took over my shoulder as I was facing forward and we were riding down backwards... [yes, Carol] Uh, mom, Marz wrote that when I wasn't looking!! ;)
When that was finished, Marz and I decided we hadn't gotten our six miles in for the day, so we walked back to the hotel, no problem... Then nap time!  We needed to prepare ourselves for the nights event.  The one thing to do on my bucket list...

The Symphony of Lights Cruise.

A friend who had been to HKG in October, told me to take a ferry across the harbor at night to get a look at all the skyscrapers lit up. So instead of just taking a ferry, Mersades booked a harbor cruise for us a few days ago so we could go see the night lights of Hong Kong.  I was really looking forward to it and since we really hadn't spent a lot of money doing tours, (cuz we have been walking EVERYWHERE!!!)  I thought we would splurge on this one.... After all, it was at the top of my list.... ;)

I knew we, or at least I, would absolutely NEED some warmer clothes for the nights events!  As I said before, today was quite chilly and I knew if we were going to be out on the water, it would be next to miserable for me if I wasn't dressed warmer. (I really would have been prepared for colder weather, but remember, I have not been home since November and I have been living in Bali and Penang which are very hot!)  So after our beauty rest, we ran across the street and found a few sweaters, scarves and a hat for for me.  Thank Goodness is all I can say!!!

Waiting around for the boat to show up. Pier 3

Our chauffeur for the night.

Of course we had to sit up front... Where the wind was blowing the hardest and was the coldest... ;)  But Marz looks soooo cute.... She's queen of the world.... :D [that's right, and don't you forget it]

Just before the boat left the pier.

Maybe I'm queen of the world.... ;) lol!  (I really hope I don't puke!)  It was quite rocky on the water.

Above where we got on the boat was a massive observation deck for people to go and watch the light show.  I'm thinking they were the smarter ones.... ;)

A different tour boat loading up passengers.

Heading out...  Sorry I didn't take the time to edit the pictures before I put them on here.  I really just want to crawl in bed and warm up! ;)


After about five minutes, I threw my vanity over board and put the  muggers hat on.  I couldn't handle the cold any longer.  The wind just cut right through you!  I almost used Marz like a blanket and had her sit on my lap! hahahahah! ;)

 Then the light show began...  Yup, that's about it.  Very non eventful... :(



I hope you weren't too disappointed... :D  I was a little bummed... But I was still spending time with Marz, freezing my tail off... What more could life have to offer??? ;) [not much]

Finally, after the laser light show, we still had about 30 more minutes on the boat cruising the harbor. I talked Marz into moving to a part of the boat that was at least protected a little from the wind.  Here is a better picture of my mugger's hat.  I love my scarf... However, when will I ever use in the near future other than tomorrow???  Oh well, money well spent!

And then we disembarked... Right next to a carnival!! Marz wanted to stop, but I was so cold, and really had to use the little girls room, and we were still a good 30+ minutes away from the hotel... I talked her into waiting and going back tomorrow night.  Our last hurrah in HKG!

Just so you all know how dedicated I am to informing you about my life, I am sitting here at the computer still wrapped up in my three layers of clothing, my scarf and hat, drinking a cup of boiling hot water, finishing this post from the day! ;D

Night night everyone or good morning... Or however you want to look at it. ;) xoxo

1 comment: