Sunday, January 7, 2018

Frankenstein's


Yah, freaky huh? So where to start... I guess at the beginning... ;)

Saturday night was an interesting night here in Bali.  Danella made reservations for all of us to go to a restaurant called Frankenstein's.  It was either that or fighting midgets... ;)  

I knew the kids would have a blast getting all made up in gory makeup.  Me, I knew I wouldn't like it, but because I'm a good mom, I played along and and went and had some "fun".  

When you arrive at the restaurant, the staff seats you in your reservation only table.  They then ask everyone if they want to have their makeup done.  While waiting for our turn in the makeup chairs, we ordered drinks ranging from drinking out of IV bags to laboratory beakers to syringes.  Marz got in on the action with an adult beverage of some chocolate/vodka concoction. The beverage didn't last long... ;)

Next up after drinks were delivered... makeup time.  This is where my night started to get interesting... I think costume makeup is fascinating and the people who can apply it to make it look extremely real are very talented artists in their own right.  The three makeup artists that we had for the night are definitely very skilled at their work.  So skilled that after the kids makeup was finished, I started to feel ILL!!  It really didn't surprise me that I would have this type of reaction. I get queasy when people ONLY talk about bodily injuries. So add the "realness" of the makeup to my kids face's, and it was a perfect storm waiting to happen!!  

Gavin:



Gabby:




Teddy:
Teddy was suppose to be shot twice... We are not sure if it was that or a really bad case of acne! ;) 





Friends:


Group pictures.  I did have fun doctoring some of these pics up a bit.

Honestly Teddy, this is just to realistic.  FREAKY!!!



No doctoring needed... ;)  I call us the intelligent ones. ;D

Realistic, right?  

I am happy to report, I did not PUKE! But I was very queasy... So much so, that after all the makeup and pictures were finished and we were back sitting at our horseshoe shaped table, I had to sit with blinders on for a bit and fan myself!  Call me a wimp, but that's ok.... I just know this is not my cup of tea... ;)

Who's spookier? lol!! :D


Kids on stage posing with some of the staff.

The queasy feeling finally passed for me, our food arrived and everyone enjoyed dinner.  After we ate, the staff put on a show with monster dancing and live music.  

It actually turned out to be a very enjoyable night.  The funniest part was walking back to the villa with the boys, with a stop at the grocery story along the way.  I am pretty sure there were a few broken necks along with some whiplash injuries from people taking a second look at the boys walking down the street.  LOL!

Extra entertainment.... Our personal table entertainment, staring GAVIN!! Who knew he had this hidden talent? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment