Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hillsdale - Moving In

HILLSDALE
Main Campus Building

As you may have read in my previous post, we finally made it to Hillsdale Friday night, August 25th. Marz wanted to show Brandei the campus ASAP, so we went for a walk about.  We really didn't make it very far, only to the dorm, because as we arrived the head dorm mom asked if we wanted to move Mersades' stuff in right away.  We thought why not?  Get it out of the way of everyone else moving in and of course clearing out the car to fit in more shopping!

This is a sweet picture of Marz and Brandei, walking back to the car, having a little chit chat.

This is the only picture I have of moving in... Thankfully Brandei took it to post on Facebook with the caption, "Any guesses as to what an 18 year old girl has in this box??? And it's going in her dorm room???"

We did get everything unpacked and livable Saturday and part of Sunday.




The answer to what was in the box... :D  A girl after my own heart!! :)

Outdoor area between the two wings.  I think I would love sitting out here!  Lucky girls!

Then it was time for Freshman Convocation.  This was a special event and one where I really wish Chris was there for.  All Freshmen took a pledge to "commit ourselves to diligent study and patient reflection.  Having come to learn, we are proud to do so with integrity and will conduct ourselves with exemplary honor.  As sacrifices past and present make possible our education, we too become stewards of this College for the generations yet to come.  We pledge ourselves to the pursuit of truth, the love of the good, and the cultivation of beauty, for the sake of our minds and hearts and for the ennobled society.  By so doing, we embrace the high calling of liberal education."

Dr. Larry Arnn, President of Hillsdale College, addressing the Freshmen.

Then it was time to say good-bye.  The Freshman were wisked away to go meet with their advisers and then enjoy a dinner.

This was after the tears... Thank goodness for Photo Shop!! ;)

We had to come up with a name for Brandei to explain her existence...  I'm not 100% positive, but almost, we were the only "alternative" family.  So we came up with a name for Brandie. Introducing...

The Step-in-mom.
Thankfully, Brandei will be there for Marz when I am unable.  I am indebted for life!!  I say that with all sincerity and a tear in my eye... Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

One last shot of the Fabulous Three!

And then TROUBLE  returned and tried to get me drunk... When pigs fly... ;)


One was enough for me, but TROUBLE just couldn't resist!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment