Monday, April 16, 2012

We Don't Need No Stinking Power!

I hang up all my clothes to dry. Not the kids and Chris'. Just mine. So when you can't hang them outside to dry because it is never dry here, you have to modify the inside of your house. :) And when you live here you have to use everything and anything in your possession to make it work. So I had some outdoor plant hangers and a mop handle and made it work. Well the last screw, I mean the VERY LAST screw, I put in.... zzzzztttt ...ALL the power went out!

To be continued....

Continuing on... (I can only write so much when I use my phone to add a picture to the blog and I was using my phone because we have not had Internet for the last three days!)

So the power is out!  Yes out in the whole house!  I call Chris.  Thankfully he had just gotten up from the underground!!  He calls a friend, who calls a "friend" and two guys show up at the house.

They workers come in and start messing with the breaker box.  Nothing... They go outside and come back in.  Mess with the breakers again.  Nothing... "Hey missis, do you have a screwdriver?" I give them a screwdriver.  (I really thought they wanted one to open the breaker box.)  Nope!  They take the screw out.... Mess with the breakers... and shezam.....  We have power!!

So that's it.  They "fixed" it.  Leave the house and Amen.  Another job "well done"!

Chris calls and asks if it was fixed.... He is not impressed... There is a "HOT" wire in our wall...  I am sure there are many more, but this one we know about! 

So now I am waiting for the "friends" to come back and really fix the problem.  I guess no more home improvements for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment