Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Titanic: In Singapore

Well..... We did not just screw around in Singapore while we were there.  We actually took the kids to something educational!  So we took them to the Titanic exhibit at the Art and Science museum.  The Art and Science museum is right next to/connected to the Marina Bay Sands.  My favorite building in all of Singapore!!

Another view... Chris actually took ONE picture with my camera! :)

Art and Science Museum.  I was way too close to the building to get all of the building in the picture.  The Museum is a very cool lotus flower design.

While we were looking at the exhibit, we could not take any pictures.  So the next two are the only ones I got from the museum.
This picture with Teddy was pretty much life size!  The propellers were huge!
Marz and Chris ready to call it a night...
Everyone thought the exhibit was fascinating.  But what the kids were interested in the most, and what got them through all of the exhibit, was to find out if they made it out of the disaster dead or alive!  When we first started the tour we all got cards with information about a passenger who boarded the Titanic for that fateful voyage.  I was a 17 year old woman, who was on a two year honeymoon.  I was one of the lucky ones who made it off alive!  Actually Mersades, Gabby, and I made it off alive.  The boys... Well, they didn't!! 
All in all, I am so glad we took the time out of our trip to Singapore to see this exhibit.  I do believe the kids learned something from it. Every time they see the Titanic on TV, they make comments about our time at the museum. :)
Celebrating 100 years,
Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment