Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Thunder Sisters: Practice...

In January, the school got a new music teacher.  Not only is she great with the kids, she is great with the adults!!!  Back in February, Ms. K decided she would get the expat women, who sit around all day and play cards, to try something new.  So she started to give drumming lessons to the ladies. 

Well we impressed her so much and were so good from the start that we challenged ourselves to perform at Hari Kartini (Kartini Day), which is tomorrow!!

Hari Kartini is a day in which the women of Indonesia celebrate Kartini and all she fought for.  For example Kartini fought to educate the girls/women of Indonesia.

Introducing......the "Thunder Sisters".  The below picture is of the drummers and the xylophone players.   
And then there is Lawrencia, me and our back-up singers.... The middle school girls...
Now I know it will be hard to differentiate who the middle school girls are from Lawrencia and me, but just so you know, Lawrencia is on the far right, and I am in the middle hiding behind the music stand!......  I am the one on the right.... the other one hiding behind the stand on the left, ... well I am not sure.... I think she looks like my daughter..... but how did she grow up so fast???  and.... NOOOOOO she is not taller than I am.... yet!!!  :D

So tomorrow we will perform.  We will do two songs.  The first song has everyone drumming and the second one has a bit of everything.  If I can, I will try and be brave and post a video of our performance. :)

Off to bed now so I can get some rest for my very precious voice!
Night Night,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment