Friday, January 29, 2010

Peanut Butter

Chris eats peanut butter like it is going out of style!!! Peanut butter apples, a scoop of peanut butter here and there, a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, whenever he feels the need. The store had peanut butter the first day we were here, but then we have not seen it for two weeks. So when it finally came in, I grabbed TEN jars. I was feeling a bit bad, and yes there was some left on the shelf, but a friend of mine said not to feel bad, because the next person would come along and do the same thing. This was my first hoarding experience! This is what $44.oo or Rp. 440,000 (Rupiah) of peanut butter looks like....

And believe me, these are no Sam's Club size jars of PB! They are 500g. You do the math...

Going broke over peanut butter!
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I see what you mean now....I'm trying to spend $40/wk on ALL my groceries and you had to spend yours just on PB. Do they take coupons there? ;-) (It appears 500g is somewhere between 13oz. and 28oz., based on the jars in my pantry.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! what used to be the staples of life has just become the luxuries of life! Kind of nice you can get "american" brands though...or isn't Skippy an American brand?

    ReplyDelete