Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tembagapura...Our new Home

Well, we have made it to our new home. I don't have any pictures of it yet, but will post a few of the pictures I have from along the way.
Our flights started off in Bismarck, ND, to Minneapolis, to LA, to Hong Kong, to Bali, to Timika, and finally to Tembagapura. We missed our connecting flight in Minneapolis by five minutes because of a broken toilet and the weather. So we were going to either be rerouted through SanFrancisco and Toyko, or take a chance on hitting other connecting flights in LA and Hong Kong. Well, I chose the LA Hong Kong connections because I have made them before, and traveling by myself with the kids, I didn't want to try something new. So because of a broken toilet, we lost our business class seats....... at least Gabrielle, Gavin, and I did. The other two got lucky and got their seats and had a very comfortable 15 hour flight. Economy really wasn't that bad, and when you wake up to this view out our window, all aches and pains go away. It was a beautiful sight. It isn't that great of a picture, but it was the sun rise about two hours from Hong Kong.

So once we made Hong Kong, we made our connecting flight to Bali. Yeah, I got my business class seat back! That means I could lie down and get some sleep!!! So before we got on the plane I told Mersades and Teddy that they were in charge of Gavin and Gabrielle and that if Gavin and Gabrielle needed anything Mersades and Teddy were to help them. They had orders to NOT WAKE ME UP!!! I ended up sleeping the whole four hours. I felt sooooooo much better. Because of connection flights, we have to spend 12 hours in Bali. But because of the weekend, Chris was going to fly over and meet us at the hotel for an extra day. Well he flew over, but because of clouds and rain, he could not get down the mountain on Saturday. He did make it on Sunday for the 10 hours we had left in Bali.
This is one of the few pictures I took of the kids at the pool.
The next picture is after we land in Timika and wait for our "limo" to take us up the mountain.
Our "limo"...
There are so many things to write about our new life, but we are due to catch a bus in 1/2 hour and we need to walk up to the bus stop. So for now I will sign off and write more later.
Have a great day!
Robin



5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are finally there! Glad you are finally done with all of the planes. It looks so fun to go in a helicopter! Have fun unpacking!
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see some more pictures!The girls and I miss you & the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pics of the kids in the pool remind me of summer and my hope that we get to see you this coming summer. Glad you made it safely. We miss all of you around here. I wish you were here to make Chaisley's baby shower cake for me, I'm a little scared to try it but I guess since my teacher is gone, I will have to try :) We miss you!! Give the kids a hug for me and tell them to enjoy the warm weather. Can't wait to see pics of your home.
    God bless,
    Shelby and fam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin, i sent you a facebook message about potentially moving my family to Tembag. Any possibility of emailing me, i have a ton of questions ☺

    ReplyDelete