Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Lightning Storm

I love thunder and lightning!!! One night we had a huge storm building across the river. There was lightning everywhere. There wasn't much thunder with this storm, which was a bit disappointing, but all the lightning made up for that.
So I put the kids to bed and grabbed my camera and headed for the windows to take some pictures. Well I surly took some pictures..... 500 of them! Oh how I love digital cameras! Of those 500 pictures, about 30 of them ended up with lightning in them. Here are some of my favorites.
These first two, I forgot to open the screen door. Never the less, they look pretty cool!

Interesting....
But these next two were the best of the night! And they are awesome pictures! The lightning was so bright, it made it look like daytime at midnight!
This one was especially bright!
Sometimes, as an amateur photographer, I get lucky with my camera. This night I was very lucky!!
Loving Prairie Storms!
Robin

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy...I've never seen lightning like that! I love thunder storms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! Great job carturing it! It was great to see you guys! :(

    ReplyDelete