Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Fishing...

Just another day of fishing in Paradise! On this day, we had to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the other boats to the "hot" spot. By the looks of these next few pictures, we didn't make it. These were taken on the road to Pollock, SD.... a 40 minute drive from Glenham, SD.


When we finally made it to the docks, we still had a 15 minute boat ride to the "hot" spot. The breeze was cool that morning along with the wind from riding in the boat. Raquel and Gabrielle were trying to keep each other warm....
Ok, now ladies don't go getting all excited about a guy with his shirt off! Q-1 is married!!! I think he caught the first fish of the day. It was the biggest of the day also. Some people have all the luck!!!
Yummy and her fish. I know ladies, Q-1 still doesn't have a shirt on....!
Teddy with his fish.... Taking after Q-1.... no shirt!
Gabby catching another fish.... But what I really wanted to point out was the superb net job by my sis-in-law, Raquel!!! She has to do something in order for Q-1 to keep taking her fishing! :) ha ha ha....
Me with my fish.... I caught the 2nd biggest of the day! That's really a look of utter shock on Q-1's face... I actually caught another fish this summer!
PS You may be asking, "Why is Q-1 in the picture with me?" Welllllll, I DO NOT touch the fish! Maybe it's from having so many brothers. I never had to take the fish off the hook. I always had someone to do it for me. I also have NEVER cleaned a fish! That's a boys job! ;) I will say however, I do bait my own hook..... as long as they are worms or minnows.... but absolutely NO LEECHES!!!!
PSS Yeah, Q-1 still has no shirt on. I on the other hand have jeans, t-shirt, and a jacket on. It really wasn't that warm out!
Some of the catch from that day.
Mersades and her fish. She was really excited!
Gavin's fish...
Now for the tough job.... Cleaning the fish! Once again this is left up to Q-1, professional fisherman...
Look at the total look of disgust on Mersades face. I don't think she has ever seen this being done before! Well I guess, if you catch them, you gotta clean them, and you gotta eat them!
Wait a second..... Is that Q-1 with his shirt on? Nice socks....!!!
Very thankful for my baby brother, Q-1, who is willing to take a bunch of amateurs out on the boat to try and fish. We were either learning from his LACK of teaching us, or we were just very, VERY lucky! I will go with the second one!
Walleye..... Mmmm, Mmmmm Good!!!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment