Monday, May 3, 2010

Middle School Dance

On April 24th, Mersades got to go to her first Middle School dance. Middle School is 5th-8th grades. While we were in Australia, Mersades found HER perfect dress! Watch out Cindi Lauper....... Here comes Mersades! Who says history doesn't repeat itself? I am sure I never wore something like this! ;)
But, here she is, all dressed up.... and looking spectacular!
Here is Mersades with her friend Jasmine. I got to play "Beauty Salon" with their hair. When Jasmine's mom asked me if I had an extra curling iron, I think my jaw dropped to the floor... Like only four or five of them! Totally! For sure! Like who doesn't, Right??? .....Sorry, got a little side tracked with the 80's lingo :-) Anyway, I was the official hair stylist for the night. I think their hair turned out great!
So now we are at the dance, and I turn from hair stylist to chaperon! This next picture is your typical boy/girl dance... at least at the start anyway. Girls on the left, Boys on the right! No Touching!!! Oh, and NO talking (to the opposite sex) because you wouldn't want your pals to think you had a crush on one of the girls!
By 5:30, most of the Middle School students where there. Everyone was looking great! Then in walks Alexia, my friend Michelle's daughter.... Now, let me remind you where we live at this point.... IN THE MIDDLE OF A JUNGLE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! So needless to say, if you have an event like this coming up, you have to plan ahead. A long time ahead! Like Mersades, most of the girls picked up their dressed while out on spring break. And yes, to remind you, you have to leave this island to get anywhere..... and there are hundreds of places to go. Well, two girls, from this tiny little school, went to the same island, the same store, and bought the same DRESS! Can you believe that??? I think it took a long time for all of us at the dance to believe it! Both girls, adding their own special touch, looked beautiful!
Ok, back to the dance.... So the music starts, and the girls go dancing..... Where are the boys.....?
Getting something to eat!!! Typical....
After the boys fill their bellies, they brave the dance floor.... But still, not dancing with the girls!
And like at most any other dance, the shoes come off...... ASAP!
Here is Mersades with her friend Alexia.
So after a while of girls dancing with girls, and boys dancing with boys, the mom who put on the dance had the boys ask the girls to dance, and then the girls had to ask the boys to dance. All were nervous, but made it through without fainting! Thank goodness!
Now, I really don't pay attention to the kids when they come home from school and Gabrielle tells me she is going to marry, Harrison, a boy in her class. Or when Gavin tells me that all the girls are chasing Teddy, and they all like him. I usually nod my head and say "That's nice" then say "You're too young...." Well, chaperoning a dance, I find out from all the other moms that a boy in Mersades class has a crush on her!!! Mersades???? Seriously??? She could care less.... at least today.... He did get the nerve to ask her to dance! Cute. (I think she is still clueless though!)
The dance in now winding down, but the girls have enough energy left in them to get "down low, low, low, low, low....."
End of the dance, group picture time. Sorry it is such bad quality..... But you get the idea, and you get to see just how small our Middle School is.
It was a really fun night for the kids. Everyone danced and had a great time! Plus, there were NO tears!!! Until next time....
So glad I am not in Middle School/High School anymore!
Robin

2 comments:

  1. I want to pop her fucking cherrycunt then creampie that

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl in pink looks hot tear that dress off sprawl her on the floor and I fuck her fudge hole right in front of her school

    ReplyDelete