Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter 2010

We are so thankful for all the blessings we have been given, especially the gift that God gave us... His own dear Son, who rose from the dead that first Easter morning!
These crosses were left from the Indonesian Christians celebrating Easter morning in Tembagapura.
A nice family picture before we ate brunch at the Lupe...
Even though we could not spend Easter with family this year, we celebrated Easter with some friends, who have become part of our family. Stu, Michelle, Will, and Alexia. When we were getting ready to move to Indonesia, I prayed that God would give me a friend.... (I have been sitting here for five minutes trying to write down a description of what I prayed for)...... I guess all I can say is, it's Michelle! He sent me Michelle... to keep me from being home sick.... to laugh with.... to talk to.... to walk with...up and down these hills twenty times a day...... to have lunch with.... to just hang out with..... Oh, do we have a good time! I am very thankful for Michelle...... aka "The Other Blond" and "Bar"!
A picture of all the kids in front of a (I think) haul truck tire. Hmmm, is someone standing on her tip toes???? This is not in the middle of town.... at least I don't think so.... but it is one of the very few town decorations!
A picture of all of us after a wonderful meal.
Walking home..... Why are we walking... other than it was a beautiful day..... Pak Chris lost his drivers license! Doing 25 in a 15....that's kilometers!
Anyway, Gabby in her, kind of, sort of, matching polka-a-dots.
Dad and his oldest holding hands on the walk home.....
So, that was our Easter. It was a wonderful day. And if I can remember right, the rain waited until late afternoon. So we got to enjoy most of the afternoon outside.
Happy Easter to All!
Robin
aka "The Other Other Blond" and "Bee"
Ps Having some fun with the computer and a photo program. I just get a kick out of these kinds of pictures. I always seem to make myself laugh out loud!
Enjoy!
"The men in Tembag, have the biggest HEADS!"








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Great looking family! We miss you! So glad God answers prayer, being lonely is so hard- I'm so glad you have another blonde to support you! Jerlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just lookin through Facebook and saw a post from you. Your family pics were great and it sounds like things are going well. I am so glad!! I sure miss having you around but it sounds like you have made a good friend there and that's wonderful. It's getting to be summer you know and that means.......you're coming back for a visit, right?? They are shutting down our pool to fix it so I guess the kids and I will be Spearfish bound most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are well and happy! We miss you all and are hoping to get to see you this summer--we know you'll be busy trying to fit everything and everyone in on your visit, but we'd love to meet up with you somewhere! Take care, and keep bloggin!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete