Sunday, May 16, 2010

My 1st Place Bra!

One Friday night I attended "Passionately Pink for the Cure". This was my first ever breast cancer awareness event, and I was excited to go. Plus it was a night out with the "girls"! And it was a night to raise money for breast cancer awareness! One of the great things about the company that Chris works for, is that they have an awesome matching program for charities. So the Ladies of Tembagapura got all dressed up and were ready to party! So after four hours of fun, these are the pictures I brought back with me...

Here is my table with all the pretty ladies! One of the requirements was that you had to wear some form of pink........... Yes, can you believe I had pink in my closet!! I wasn't turned away for those of you who were concerned... :-)
The room at the Lupe was awesomely pink!
The Papua Queen's performing for the ladies...
There were many raffle items..... none of which I won..... boo hoo.... But there was a "Bra-Down" decorating contest, and Guess What???? I Won!!! YIPPEE!!! Can any one pick out the winning bra???
Here it is! The winning Bra....



Everything on the bra was found here in Tembag with the exception of the beads and the stuff that I used to make the pink breast cancer awareness ribbons! And of course the bra....
Here are a few of the Papuan Queens modeling the bras.
Me with my bra model and my prize. I won a pink pearl necklace and bracelet. How exciting!
It was a great night of fun. I have not heard how much money we raised. But I am sure the ladies of Tembag did ourselves proud!!! Organizing something like this here in the jungle is quite an accomplishment in itself. So fantastic job the the Papuan Queens and all their effort!! Excellent job!
Patiently waiting for the next "Bra-Down",
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment