Saturday, February 17, 2018

Feeling Special

I have the most beautiful friends!

Back when I was on refugee status in December, while I was hanging out at Dalat, Aunt Mary, a dorm mom, made the most beautiful birthday cake for one of her dorm students.  I'm not exactly sure what my comments were about the cake, but it was a cake with shoes, and it was awesome!  If you know me, I love shoes!! :D I commented on how sweet it was and that it would be my kind of cake.  So Mary said, "That's it! I'm making you a birthday cake when you are next at Dalat!  I said, "That would be awesome, but are you sure?  Most people are deathly afraid to make me a birthday cake."  Mary said, "It's not going to be perfect, but I'm going to make you one!"

And she did!

Last night, Mary and friends from Tembagapura, threw me an early birthday party.  She made me the most beautiful cake!  The taste was fantastic.  There were sparkles.... and there were shoes on top!!  High heel shoes!!  Perfect cake for me!

This cake was so special and Mary hit it out of the park!!





The beautiful Mary.

Me and my beautiful cake.

Making a wish...

 The Tembagapura ladies.  I am so glad these ladies were in Penang to help me celebrate!

One thing that is so special about this life we live, is that I have met some of the most beautiful people in this world.  We all are from different parts of the globe, but all connected somehow.  At times like these, I just sit back and think about how very thankful I am for all my blessings.  Last night once again showed me how truly loved I am.  :D

Thank you Aunt Mary!  You will never know how much last night meant to me! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment