Sunday, February 19, 2017

Spending Time With The Kids

As I sit once again in the Bali airport, waiting for the late night flight back to site, I figured I may as well get these pictures from my time in Penang posted.

Like every other time, I am always very appreciative of the time I get to spend with the kids!  They are so fun to be around! They really do have such different, interesting personalities.  They also eat A LOT!  It seems that's what we spend most of our time doing... One, figuring out where to eat, and Two, making that happen.

Our first dinner stop after school on Friday, Gusto's!  A great burger joint within walking distance of the school.


This is Sara with Gabby. She is also a student at Dalat and her family also lives in Tembagapura.

Sunday morning, Marz and I went to the wet markets to stock up on awesome fruits and veggies!  I wasn't as excited about the fruits, but look at those....

CUCUMBERS!!!  I love cucumbers!  I bet I bought at least 30 of them in the ten days I was in Penang. :D

Then Sunday after church, the kids, Sara and I went to Chili's to eat and then took in a very very friendly game of bowling.








Since Chris couldn't go with us he asked me to send pics of the kids...  This is the best they could come up with... LOL! ;)


And the winner is........ Yup, you guessed it!  The "R" is me!!!  I pulled out a win in the last frame.  Those kids were completely surprised.  Me on the other hand, I was just playing a game of cat and mouse! LOL!! ;)

Then Monday morning, the kids met Gabby and me at the hotel, next door to the school, to take a cab ride to Let's Meat, to join Teddy's basketball coach for breakfast.  That place is awesome because it has real bacon and cheddar cheese!!

Gavin finally came to me a month or so ago, asking for braces.  His gap from his under bite had gotten to the point where he could no longer take a bite with his front teeth.  So the school nurse scheduled an appointment for him to see the orthodontist and actually at this moment, 9:30am, Monday Feb, 20th, Gav is getting the braces on.  Boy oh boy, is his mouth going to be sore!

Wednesday we started basketball but I have way to many pictures to add them to this post.  So I will do a basketball post all on it's own, coming up next...

And then there was Gabby and me...  I am so thankful for may traveling partner.  She makes leaving the other kids just a little bit easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment