Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Halloween 2016 - Adult Party

With the kids party over, I decided I really should get serious on my costume!

At the beginning of the week, I asked Chris if he wanted to recycle a costume from previous years because I really hadn't planned anything for this year.  Of course he said he didn't care, so I thought I would do a quick Google search on easy DIY couples costumes...  Remember, we don't have a Wal-Mart just down the street, so I had to keep in mind that I needed to find an idea that I could do with what supplies we had here in town.  Challenge accepted!!

Back up for a second...  Also at the beginning of the week, we had just gotten back from a trip to see the kids in Malaysia.  We had someone, a guy, stay at the house while we were gone...  Monday, I got a call from the guy asking if I would give his loofa to another guy who was dropping something off at our house.  "What the heck is a loofa?" I ask!!!  "You know... one of those shower sponge things."  Really?!?!  I had never heard that word before!  Those shower spongy thingys really have a name?!?!

So as I was looking for "easy" DIY costumes, sure enough, I come across a box of soap and a LOOFA!!  How fitting!  Now the next question is, do I have the supplies to make those two things???

I go back to Uncle Google to see if there are instructions on how to make a Loofa... Of course there is!  Do I have enough tulle fabric????  Of course I do.... I only have to raid the Ladies Christmas Gift Exchange decorations. :D

It's now Thursday and I finally get started on the "soap" for Chris.  It took me all day, and a couple trips back and forth to school, but I got it finished.  In honor of the soap Chris uses...

Friday, I didn't have any time to do my costume, because I had to do the girls hair...  So I didn't start my costume until Saturday morning... The party is that NIGHT!!!

Needless to say, I didn't go to the party naked... ;)

Here's the final product...  Yah, we were smoking!!  Or was it sudsing? LOL! ;)


Loofa, Half of a PB&J Sandwich, and  PiƱata

The full sandwich....

Me and Cat2.  She lives in the wrong era... ;)

All and all, not bad for a two day project.  I am now a professional Loofa maker!  Add that to the list of things I have learned over here... ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment