Saturday, June 4, 2016

Contemplating Life


I don't know why this time is different than all the other times going home for the summer, but I have been looking back at all the blog post from the first years we lived on site, and can't believe how much I have forgotten of what's happened. I am very thankful that I have written things down. Six and a half years of lasting memories!

I really started this blog because I was "lazy". I didn't want to have to personally email all our family members about all our adventures. I also didn't want to leave anyone out on accident, if I ever did send out an email of our travels.  So for those reasons, I started this blog. People can come check out the photos whenever their little hearts feel like it. 

It has now turned into so much more...  I do know that PTFI new hires appreciate my writing down the stories, it kind of helps them get an idea in their heads on what life is like on site. I will apologize right now for those who have commented and never received a reply from me for your questions. I very rarely look at the blog on the computer... I blog from my phone... If you want to ask me questions, a personal message on Facebook is the better way to go. Although, I found a personal message from a gal here six months AFTER she moved to site!  I do know now to check the messages once or twice a month and will try to be better about replying. :)

The blog has also turned in to one big picture journal for me. Oh the memories...  I think the kids depend on the blog even more than I do. Especially our boarding school kids. They love looking at the blog to remind them of their family when they get a little homesick or just missing us. I think they also depend on the blog for the memories...  They were so young when we moved to site. Some of the adventures we went on need to be written down to remind the kids of all they have done. The blog helps keep the memories alive. 

Why am I writing this post, I honestly don't know other than all these thought are in my head and I feel like I need to write them down. I am also in a plane at 35,000 ft on my way to Hong Kong and really don't have anything better to do other than watch a crappy movie and play cards on my phone. :)

So I guess the whole point of this post is because I am being sentimental... Our family life is changing. I am going to be an empty nester in ONE year!  I am NOT that old!  I never for the life of me ever dreamed this would be my adult life!  I was never going to move away from my parents, let alone send my kids to boarding school at the ripe old age of 14!  This was never my plan, NEVER my wildest dream!!!

I guess this is where faith comes in. Faith that God has a specific plan for all our lives. Faith that HE knows what's best! He knows how to use each and everyone of us to fit into his perfect plan. You may not believe this, but I do, and that is what keeps me doing what I am doing. God is, and always has been in control and preparing me for this adventure, this mission. God's will, will be done. We can either go with it, or we can fight it. I personally think it is easier to go with it. 

Believe me, I fail at this a lot. There are days when I just want to take the reigns and do what I want to do and don't really care what happens, because I know what's best for me! But then something pulls me back in line for a nice adjustment, I eat a nice piece of humble pie, ask for forgiveness and then try to move on. I guess that's life...  It's definitely life in Tembag. :)

We are now getting ready to land in HKG. I'm glad I took the time to write these thought down... A little personal though... But nonetheless, here they are. We all have a purpose in this life, this is mine for now. 

Find your purpose. God bless you all!

PS. I am posting this at 30,000 feet on the flight from HKG to DFW!  Love technology! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment