Friday, June 21, 2013

What Dreams Are Made Of...

This is the day that I have been waiting for for a very, very long time!  We got to go to the Castles!!!

Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau, and Linderhof. 

LOVED every minute of it!!!

Our first stop was Neuschwanstein. 

This picture was taken from the castle. We were standing on this bridge to take the above photo. 

The bridge to the valley below. Our tour guide said before we got out of the car, "Don't worry... It's good German engineering!"  :D 

Walking from the bridge to the castle. 

Up close and personal. This is where we waited for our tour to start. 




Unfortunately we were not able to take photos of the inside of the castle. The biggest disappointment of the day for me. But, I am sure Uncle Google has some if you are willing to look! ;)

Hohenschwangau:
This castle we skipped the tour so we would have time for Linderhof Castle. And unfortunately, Marz forgot to take pictures of it with the phone. :( I have all those pictures on my big camera and will add them when we get back to the states. 

Now on to the best part of the day! (For me that is anyway.) ;)

Linderhof:

This is what every fairy tail is made of!  Beautiful rolling lawns, a manor house, fountains, back drop-Swiss Alps, you name it, I loved the feeling if this place!  Granted, the "castle" was truly not shaped as a castle in the traditional sense but a beautiful palace nonetheless.  I wish I had my book and a blanket with me so I could have curled up and read outside all day long. Someday, I may just have to try that!

Now we have to go by the pictures Marz took because I was busy snapping with the big camera, so we will see what she got...


Well, that was disappointing!!  I think I am going to have to take charge of both cameras from now on! ;D. It looks like these too will have to wait until we get home. But I do promise to get them posted. They are too beautiful to not share!  

To explain the two pictures that we do have though...  The first one is of the Venus Grotto. It is an underground opera house King Ludwig II use for his own entertainment. And when I say own, I mean his own!  There were two seats in the whole place. Both for him!  He changed seats as he needed to to get different perspectives. No one ever watched a performance with him! They say he was C.R.A.Z.Y... ;)

The second photo was the last that we took of the day. It does show an over view of the place, but like I say, my bigger camera has way better pictures on it!  

I don't know why, but I just felt at home here. Maybe it's the inner princess in me, I don't know... Ha ha ha!  ;)

Or like I told Marz, if I ever had to be put in the witness protection program, she could fine me here!  

Did I tell you, I LOVED THIS PLACE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment