Monday, August 30, 2010

Misc. Stuff...

Here are just a few things that have happened this last week....

Gavin got a Principal's Award for being the most caring in his 2nd and 3rd grade class. He was a little shy about receiving the reward.... Ohhhhhh, what a sweetie pie!

This next picture is how some things are done here.... The wire is holding down the board, that is holding up the temporary metal wall, that is blocking off traffic, on the road by the school.
But what do you expect??? The guys who are putting on the new addition at school, are DIGGING the ground by hand!! We are a major mining company, with big machines... and little ones, that dig holes in the ground! But the guys are using shovels and muscles to get the ground level!
Like Chris says.... You just can't make this (beeeeeeeeep) up!

Friday we had some friends over, and they have a one year old boy. All the kids had a ball with him, and I must say that Ethan went home without any bumps and bruises!!
For Teddy, the best part of the night was rocking Ethan! What a natural....

Next is my illegal cake! Yes, ILLEGAL! I made this cake for my friend's daughter's 13th birthday. Well, my friend had the party at the Lupe. So Chris drives me and the cake to the restaurant. While we are there, we decide we should make reservations for our kids birthday parties. (They are all coming up in the next two months!) So we are talking to the guy in charge, picking out the food package, discussing decorations, and then he asks me about the cake. Well of course I am going to make my kids cake! So I tell him that and he says... I CAN'T! WHAT?????? (OK, part of me is really happy inside because with the humidity here, it is quite a pain in the "you know what" to make a cake. I can do it, but I can't use all the tricks I know because it's too wet!) So I proceed to ask the guy why I can not do this when I just made the cake for the party upstairs! He said, "Oh sorry Ibu, big mistake! Ibu Michelle got lucky and is an exception because we did not catch it." (Read that as I am talking with an Asian accent. :) So secretly I am ok with that, but I just had to ask him if he could make an exception for me and my next four birthdays..... In the end, he won. But I do have reservations all squared away! :)
Here's the final product....


And last but not least..... Gabrielle lost her second top front tooth today!!! She only cried for a little bit as I held her down and pulled it out with a pliers! :) Ha ha ha.... Just kidding!

Well, that's it for this week. Maybe something more exciting will happen this next week!
God's Blessings to you all!
Robin

2 comments:

  1. LOOKIN GOOD GABBY! YOU'LL BE A GUMMER BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! yea- Gavin- congrats! Mercedes- the party looked fun- you're mom did a great job on the cake- like usual! awww Teddy- I'm jealous- what a sweet boy! I miss those cuddle days! Good to hear from you guys- like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cake...

    ...and my dad really did pull our teeth out with pliers. You can't make that (bleep) up.

    ReplyDelete