Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I just celebrated my 6th, 29th birthday! And what a great birthday it was! We started off my birthday weekend on Saturday the 27th. Chris got the Lupah to cater a wonderful dinner of roast beef, chicken...(of course chicken!)...and all the fixings! We celebrated with many of our new friends and their families. What a house full we had! I think we had 27 altogether. Our house was packed!
Other that Chris planning the party and me not having to cook, the best part of the night was that I got a cake, and I didn't even have to make it!!!! Here is the special lady who made the cake.... Ms. Christy.....Ms. Christy ............Um, sorry for the interruption, but I have to go. Mersades has a science presentation this morning, and its time to leave. To Be continued........

I am back. What a busy morning!

Carrying on....... Ms. Christy is the gal who helped me get everything that we would need over here, on a list, and told me about the ins and the outs of this place..... I think she left a few things out ;) But the cake was awesome, and even better, I did not have to make it, and even better than that, I GOT ONE!!!

This next picture is just a few of the really neat ladies that I have met over here. We do have lots of fun together. The gal on the far right of the picture is Michelle. She and her family moved over here just after Chris got here in December. We have created our own group called "The Blonde leading the Blonde" I don't know how many trips we have made up to the main office together because of wrong information, questions, or simply forgetting that lunch runs from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm and nothing is open. But we are having fun learning the ropes, and one day it will be the two of us showing the new ladies around! Scary thought...... The next couple of pictures are of the food that the Lupah catered for us. Chris got off with no clean up, but quite the dent to his wallet! Here are a few of the husbands. I was wondering.... Why only one out of the five have hair? It has to be the job.......It can't be the beauties in the picture above!!! Some of the kids having fun..... And little miss Ruby! She plays with my hair! I think I will adopt her! Cutting the cake....mmmmmm...... It was delicious! Also in this picture is Jeffery (the guy in the blue vest) he was in charge of making sure everything ran smoothly. He is also the guy who makes sure we have a table reserved for us at Sunday Brunch. Here is Teddy Bear with Glaire.... aka Blaire.The Birthday Girl with Mr. Gavin. Anyone notice he is finally getting his front teeth?!! So the next day, my official birthday, after church and brunch at the Lupah, Chris said he would take us up to see where his office is and what it looked like. These pictures are awesome by themselves, but seeing another part of God's creation and all its beauty, in person, is indescribable! For those of you who can come and want to visit us, the doors to the hut are always open. You may never have another chance to view this wonderful landscape!

Here we are waiting for the traffic to get through the tunnel so we can have our turn. I do have a video of us driving through, but because of the slow speed of the Internet, I am not able to post it. You will just have to wait till you see me next! Here we are just before we go through the tunnel. This is where the video would start.... Sorry. Dad with the kids in front of the Grassberg. The clouds are covering half of the mountain. Dad's office. Someone didn't know how to spell his name..... Dad showing the kids his office. Here we are headed back down the mountain. We live at 6500 feet, and we were up about 10,000 feet! You can just start to see Tembagapura at the bottom of the picture. The road you see, is the one up to Hidden Valley. It is a another "town" where families live, who work at the mine. I walked this road this last Monday!!!! Very proud of myself! Almost killed myself doing it, but made it and will do it again. Its about two miles straight up. And for those of you family members who will comment about the road NOT being straight, I mean steepness!!! I know you are out there......

This is a picture of the Protestant Church in Tembag.
This is Tembagapura looking down from the road to Hidden Valley.
So that's it. My creative writing brain is fried.... It may take a few weeks for the next post.... I know it will kill some of you, but you will survive. Thanks once again for all the birthday wishes! It was truly a great one! Love and Miss you all!
Blessings,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment