Saturday, December 9, 2017

Ziemer Dorm's Christmas Dinner

Every year the dorm parents, who are called Aunts and Uncles, put on a dinner, the last Saturday before the first semester break begins.  This year, the temporary dorm parents had another function to attend, so Uncle Scott (assistant dorm parent) and Aunt Jan (school nurse) were in charge of the night.  They also asked for Jen's and my assistance in cooking.  So Aunt Jan, Jen and I were in charge of the cooking and Uncle Scott was in charge of the rest of the party... Dorm presents and Secret Santa.  They really do try to make things special for all the kids who are away from their families at this time of year.

The lovely cooks.

Jen brought Stormy's fudge recipe all the way from Tembagapura.  You can't have a Christmas party without Stormy's fudge! ;)  

While we were preparing everything, Aunt Mary (dorm mom in a different dorm) brought the three of us Christmas cards.  She knows me sooooo well!!  I love my shoe ornament!  Let me just say here, that Aunt Mary is one of the most beautiful people I know in this world!  She just makes life better for all those she touches! xoxo

Uncle Scott leading the Secret Santa and gift opening.  He is a true blessing for our kids!  He has stepped up and put in a lot of extra time and energy,  since the dorm parent transition. 



What do you even say here??? ;)  You're such a cutie Gavin!  :D

Ted showing off his gifts. :D

Hey Ted, how about you take the tags off the glasses and try again... lol!

The boys volunteered to model their presents... It only took FOUR tries to get a "good" pic...



I gave up... LOL!!  Knuckle heads!

Then dinner was ready and we all sat down to eat.  There are 12 dorm kids, 3 "Aunts", 1 Uncle, and 1 little sister. 

The ladies were first up...

Because the boys were being gentlemen waiting for their turn... ;)

These are only a few of the desserts!

I just had to make these... They are soooooo naughty!!


My place card and table decoration.

I had to squeeze in one pic with the kiddos!

And then the night was over... For me anyway.  All three dorms were heading out for a late night movie starting at 9.  I was invited, but I knew if I went, I would just pay to sleep. lol!  So I opted to just go back to my hotel room and finish up my packing.  My two weeks in Penang have flown by and now I'm off to Singapore... again!

Counting the days down until all the kids are together with us... 

No comments:

Post a Comment