Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve Bali Style

Christmas is my favorite time of the year, for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because I love to decorate the house for Christmas.  So knowing that we would be spending Christmas in Bali, while I was in Penang and Singapore this last month, I did a little shopping to gather up some Christmas decorations for our villa.  Here are a few of what I came up with... the rest, didn't get photographed, because I'm to lazy to get up and go take pictures... ;)  But these are my favorites...

The Tree.  Brought in a suite case from Singapore.  Oh, and tree skirt too...  Not traditional, but I guess that's the theme for Christmas 2017!


Stocking, brought from Penang.  Note: Dental floss makes great string in a pinch. ;)

A tree I made in Penang... I had time on my hands.  Yes, this was also packed in luggage and put on a plane.

These little things, bought in Penang for a buck.  I had no idea what I would use them for, but I knew the villa would need a little sparkle/bling...  Just this morning I got a wild hair and knew they belonged in the trees by the pool. :) Yes, I'm in my pj's... when I get an idea, I just have to go with it until its finished. :D  It's a designer's imagination curse. ;)

The picture does not do the tree and decorations justice.  They jazzed the place up nicely.

Decorating done, now on to the pool party!

We were fortunate enough to have friends from Penang and from Tembagapura join us for pool time, dinner, and great conversation.  I should mention, between the three families that were here, there were 11 children!! :)  Love it!!

Before dinner swim.

The girls were to cool to get in the pool before dinner. ;)  Teenagers! :D

The guys... Now if you have read this post: A Very Small World, you will recognize the family.  The dad went to school, for a couple years, in my hometown!

The ladies...

The boys... They go to school with the kids at Dalat.  Five very awesome boys!

Yup, 11 kids... requires lots of snacks...

These two beautiful ladies have been taking care of us in the villa while we have been staying here this last week.  They also were in charge of cooking dinner for us tonight.  It wasn't traditional oyster stew and sloppy joe's, but the traditional Indonesian food that they made was outstanding!




That's A LOT of food!!

Believe it or not, the only food that was left was a bowl of fried noodles, a bit of white rice an a few snacks.  Boy, those kids can eat!!  Well, truth be told, the adults had their fair share too.  The spring rolls were by far the best I have ever had!

Our company has now left and we are just passing the time hanging out waiting for a decent time to go to bed... No, 8:00 is not ok! lol!!

No, this was not the traditional Christmas Eve party that we have had in Tembagapura for the last few years, nor is it anywhere close to the Christmas Eve celebration I grew up with, but for this year, it was just right.  Just right because we have all our kids here.  Just right because we spent the afternoon and evening with friends who have become family, because of this life we live.  I am missing not being home in Tembagapura for Christmas, but I know this, God has me in the right place at the exact right time and I will enjoy every minute of what life serves up!

So as I sit here and reflect about the day, I may not have gotten my Tembagapura Christmas party or my Schlomer oyster stew, but I did have my family and some good friends and a beautiful evening together.  God always provides.  Christmas Eve may not have been what I envisioned it, but my Bali Christmas Eve gave me a whole new outlook.... Christmas is any time, any place, and any where in this world with the people you love and the people God has put in your life! 

I truly love Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment