Sunday, May 10, 2015

S'mores

So you really can't do s'mores the "normal" way, living in the jungle. This is because there really isn't any dry wood in this vast jungle and also, it is usually raining!  There is also the challenge of getting the supplies. We hardly ever have marshmallows and we never ever get graham crackers, but I had both that I brought all the way from Penang, Malaysia!  Chocolate is never out of stock at the store, so we never have to worry about that! ;). I have now found the perfect substitute for a bonfire... My little Jenggala satuè thingy!  Not really sure what they call it, but they use it to cook chicken kabobs. We use it for s'mores!

The first time we experimented with it was when a friend was over with his two kids. The quote of the night was from Zane... "This is the best night of my life!" :). I am sure that was said after he had three s'mores and multiple roasted marshmallows! ;)





In the jungle, you are always improvising. After five years, we are getting good at it! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment