Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hiking With the Family

Easter weekend we decide to do the "walk" from Tembagapura to Hidden Valley as a family.  We thought it was a great day for all of us to go.  It was overcast and not too terribly hot.  So off we go.  This picture is the family starting down (the only time we go down on this "walk") from our house.
We then pick up the "Coolest Dude" in all of Tembagapura..... The kids PE teacher.... Mr. C... for "Cool"!
We then pick up two more people..... Yes! Two!..... You may need to take a closer look! And I an not talking about the two standing in the back ground either!
(Just kidding, they did not walk up the hill with us... :)
So we leave Tembag and head up...
Chris has to stop along the way and give Mr. C a geology lesson!  There was a land slide there the night before.
Then Gabby gets tired....  And dad the "super hero" comes to the rescue!
Ooh La La....  He is soooo STRONG!  The rest of the kids are thinking to themselves.... Why wasn't I born last?!?!?!?  :)
Time for a rest.....
During rest time, Dad entertains the kids by throwing rocks over the side of the mountain.  There is a huge drop off there.  I practice taking "action" shots with my new camera...
Can anyone find the rock?? :)
Now remember at the start of this post, I said it was overcast?  As we started the climb, the sun came out and it got very hot!  Only Chris and I had hats to shade our faces.  So needless to say, the kid were very hot.  I ended up giving Gabby my hat because she didn't even have her hair in a pony tail!  I ended up getting burned! OUCH!
Here is Teddy cooling himself off by dunking his shirt is a stream of water...
Well, we finally made it!  It had to have been the slowest time I have ever had walking the hill.  But it was probably the most fun! 
Here are all of us in front of the Hidden Valley (Aing Bugin translated) sign with Mt. Zaagham in the background.
And now that I look at it, Three of the kids were in BLACK!  They must have been hot!  Next time we will go prepared! :)

Happy hiking/walking/crawling!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment