Monday, August 6, 2018

Sending Him Off

This is the day you raise your kids for... For them to be able to go out in the world and be productive members of society. For them to go and live their dream. Teddy’s dream, since he was able to walk and talk, was to be an Army Ranger. Today he took a big step toward making that happen. It’s a very bittersweet, emotional day.

We left Ted at the recruiter’s station earlier today where he hopped in a van to be taken to Sioux Falls. Tomorrow he will catch a plane to Ft. Benning, Georgia, and start his basic training. He will let us know tomorrow when he arrives at the base, but then no contact will happen until he graduates basic. I hope the weeks go by fast...😉

Pictures before the goodbyes. 




Teddy Bear, 
We are so proud of you!  God bless you and keep you safe, mind, body, and spirit. Go with God and do His Will and the rest will fall into place. 
❤️U Always!


PS. I’m hoping to get an “after” picture...  this was the hairy before everything is shaved pic. I sure do hope they leave those eyebrows alone!!😂

2 comments:

  1. I'm less than 2 hours from Ft Bennington, GA. I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO HIS GRADUATION, just like I did for his dad's. Keep me posted and always remember Auntie Lou is always just a call away. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete