Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Pickles!

...a huge waste of a perfectly fine cucumber!!

I LOVE cucumbers!  It's my most favorite "eating" time of the year when the pickling cucumbers are ready!  I literally eat them by the bushel!  However, I am the only one in my family (mom and siblings) with this opinion and I am sure if you were to ask anyone else who has tried my mom's pickles, they would say I am completely insane!  EVERYONE LOVES HER PICKLES!

Yesterday was the annual pickle making day at the Pheasant Cove.  I had everything ready to go for when the cucumbers arrived.  With all the help we had and my wonderful organizational skills, the process didn't take lone at all. πŸ˜‰

With help like this, I'm amazed at how great a job was done. πŸ˜‰

My job... chopping up all the garlic.

The main processor and professional pickle maker... Mom! 😁

The chief lid-screw-er-on-er...  

My pathetic stash of cucumbers... No one better touch!! πŸ˜‰

Just kidding... I had three bags... one just happened to be consumed already for breakfast today.  It's like my "crack".  (No, I do not know what real "crack" feels like.)

Soooooooo Soooooo YUMMY!!

Ha Ha! Sorry I complained...  More "crack" was just delivered to me!!  Yippee!  Thanks Becky!😘

***UPDATE***
I've just been informed that one of my brothers hates pickles just as much as I do!! 😁. Maybe I'm not the only smart one in this family! 😏. ~August 21. 2018

1 comment:

  1. Hope you and Cris bring some to Texas next time you come. Keep up the good work. Monroe

    ReplyDelete