Monday, April 16, 2018

Back On-Line

Where have I been for the last three ++ weeks? Well, some would say in a mental institution... close... very close...

I've actually been in Tembagapura, WITH OUT INTERNET!  Yes, for three++ weeks.

So yesterday, just before I escaped the island, the Internet came back on!  And just in time too!! Because..... at 11:30 in the morning I was still sitting in the airport in Timika wondering why we have not boarded our plane that was suppose to take off at 11:20.

So like a good woman, I asked.

And the answer was awesome!  The plane had a blown tire (I actually don't know if it was blown or just flat, but blown makes the story better...).  So we had to wait until another tire was flown in on a later flight in order for the tire to be fixed.  One would think that the airlines would have spare tires hanging out at airports, but I guess not in Papua...

Thankfully while we were waiting, the Internet turned back on because I now had to get my connecting flights to Malaysia changed for the next day.  We were suppose to arrive at 1:45pm, but our plane finally landed in Bali at 6:30 local time.  I missed my original Malaysia flight at 4:30 and thankfully I had the foresight to just book a flight for the next day and not the 7 pm flight.  By the time I finally got my luggage and ran over to the International terminal, I would have missed that flight too.

Now I am just hanging out in Bali until my flight this afternoon.  I know, hardships... ;)

Just in case you were wondering, I only had 94 FB notifications waiting for me this morning!  Weeeezzzzoooorr... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)


PS... Other than not being able to FaceTime the kids, I actually liked being cut off.  You all should try it sometime... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment