Thursday, November 9, 2017

Trials and Tribulations of Third Culture Kids!

You know your children have lived overseas too long when....



Yesterday Marz sends me this picture... With the caption "Look what I found!!"


I see a bag of nuts.  Nuts that we would go over to my grandma's house and crack around Christmas time, when we were little.

I reply to Marz, "You have lived out of the US for too long!"  (Knowing that she thought this was a new and cool thing!)

Marz then texts back, "I know right??  I saw them the other day and pointed them out to my friend Hannah and she just gave me a weird look."

I told Marz that that was funny and that I should write it on the blog for the memories...  The trials and tribulations of Third Culture Kids! lol!!  She said go ahead, her friend Rebecca would laugh... Hi Rebecca! ;)

Marz then says, "So this is an actual thing during Christmas time??"

Now during this text exchange, I am at my Friday card game with the ladies.  I am reading my response to them and we are all having a good giggle. It's amazing to believe that Marz has NO IDEA about non-cracked nuts!!

She even brags about having her own nut cracker!!  Doesn't everyone?!?!? lol!!

I reply, "I'm dying! You crack me up!"

Marz, "Ha ha ha!  You Punny" LOL!  Yah Marz, I know I am!! :D


Who says that in this world, all the things we take for granted and think are mundane, are not new ideas to someone each and every day!  Embrace the mundane... or in Marz's case, a bag of nuts and a nut cracker!

You really do "Crack Me UP" Marz!!

1 comment: