Sunday, April 24, 2016

Poem By Ted

Amazing insight from a kid who had moved around most of his life. Great Job Ted! :)

I was born in South Dakota,
We weren't there for long,
One year later (2 months) my parents packed my sister's and My bags,
And off to Pennsylvania. 

No memories come to mind from Pennsylvania,
Black was all I knew,
Pennsylvania is only trapped in pictures for me,
After a year I was off to Montana. 

Montana was perfect for me,
Running, hiding and playing in the woods,
Made my first memories playing baseball with my dad,
I learned how to imagine and fly free,
After four long years of splendid memories, and two new siblings, 
it was time for us to depart,
Tears were shed for the lost that occurred,
And off to Nevada.

Nevada was a time of learning,
I started school but still was free,
I ran around the neighborhood with my brother,
We learned friendship and commitment with our neighbors down the street,
We could not be pulled apart even when their age separated,
The long hard games of football,
pushing ourselves to keep fighting and cleaning blood off our faces,
Almost two years went by but our family was not meant to stay,
And we where off to Wyoming.

Wyoming was a place I loved,
The open country and clear blue skies,
School was still teaching me, even when I did not want it,
I learnt how to work mowing a yard for hours at a time,
I got my Hunter Safety  and learned about the love I have for hunting,
But three years passed and it was time to go,
And off to Indonesia,

Indonesia, Oh so much to say,
I spent hours in the jungle bonding with my brother,
Spent hours with friends because that is all we had,
In the summer I learnt how to work when going back to the States,
I finished my eight grade year and it was time for me to leave,
I had to go to boarding school with my family staying back,
And off to Malaysia,

Malaysia is still teaching me for I live on its grounds,
I go to school day in and day out,
But it has taught me one of the most important things of all,
How to hang with myself,
My time is not over but I can't wait till it is 
Because I will be out of high school and a big kid,
But I do also dread the graduation day,
Leaving my friends and dorm family behind,
I might spread a tear or my eyes will be desert dry. 






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment