Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pit Stop - Batik

We are once again on our way to Malaysia to see Marz and Ted for their school break. But before we get to see them, I had some business to take are of in Bali. One was getting my hair done, and the second was buying Bali Silver to take to the ladies back on site to raise money for the local Papuan children. Unfortunately for Gav and Gab, they had to join me for my all day excursion and couldn't go to the pool. Lucky for them, all this next week, they will have plenty of pool time. 

I must say though, that the most exciting part of the day was when we took this little pit stop, on the way back from the silver store, where the Bali ladies were making batik. Batik is a process of using oil to outline the design on the material and then go through a dyeing process to color the material. It's not as simple as that, but if you want to know more about the process, I am sure you can ask "Uncle Google".  ;)

Here are a few pictures of the ladies and Gabby, who on her shorts, got a handmade Batik design by one of the ladies. 









Pretty neat. I love watching all the talented people in Bali!





No comments:

Post a Comment