Sunday, November 17, 2013

Special Dinner Guest

Last night were were delighted to host John Cutts and his son-in-law, Ty, for dinner. John Cutts is a missionary in the Papua area, who has lived in Papua since he was two years old. We met him through our little expat church and have gotten to know him over the last few years. He had also attended Dalat, the boarding school where Mersades is going now!

Perspective:
John and Ty have been living out in the Papuan villages for the last two weeks and eating many "things" that you and I would not touch. I did not know this at the time when I was picking out what we were going to have for dinner. 

So off I go to the grocery store and Chirs had asked me to get some steak. The store does not have the quality of steak I am used to, however it's the best we can do. I will admit, I was a little embarrassed serving this steak, after I know what real beef can be, to our guests!

Dinner is ready!!  Not kidding you, but John and Ty looked like they had died and gone to heaven!  A real American meal for them to devour!  And they did!

From my perspective, the steak was probably the WORST I have ever seen!  For John and Ty, it was manna from heaven!  

I am so glad I served the steak instead of making burgers, which in my opinion would have LOOKED better, but like I said, the steak was manna from heaven for two very hungry missionaries. :)

Here is the photo of Chris, John, and Ty before the evening ended. 

Someday, when I think about it and am in my computer, I will post information about John's missionary work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment