Sunday, December 16, 2012

Choppering Up!

I never thought those two words would ever be used in my vocabulary!  But after moving here, there are a lot of new words/phrases we now use on a regular basis.... Choppering up/down, visa run, "going JUST to Bali", site visitors, etc......

Anyway, that is not the point of this post, but think twice every time those words come out of my mouth! :)

Because it has come to my attention that a lot of the "site visit" people find my blog, I thought I would post these next few pictures.

I was in the lowlands last Thursday and Friday for some meetings to do with the long range plan of the school.  As I was "choppering up", I had a great seat in the chopper to take some great photos of the area.  Of course I did not have my good camera with me, however my phone's camera took some ok pictures.

Leaving the airport in Timika.
 Flying towards the mountains.
 This is a picture of the road that goes from the lowlands to the highlands! Just amazing!

More mountains...  I believe the highest mountain on the left side of the photo is Mt. Zaagkam.  Tembag sits in the valley at the base of the mountain.
 First look at Tembagapura from the chopper.
Tembagapura, Hidden Valley, and Rainbow Ridge.  HV and RR is to the right of Tembag.  HV is to the left of the road and RR is to the right.
Great picture of the road from Tembag to HV and RR.  This is the road we walk for "fun"! :)  It's 2 miles long and an elevation change of over 1000 ft.!
 Tembagapura... The road going "up" the photo is how you get up to the mine.
Hope this helps explain a little about where we live.  Believe me, the pictures DO NOT do this place justice!

Thanks for visiting this blog! :)
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment