Saturday, August 4, 2012

South Dakota - State Capital

During our summer travels, the kids, my mom, my sister-in-law, and I decided to take the "long" way to the Black Hill and see a few things along the way.

Our first stop was in Pierre, our state capital.  We first stopped at the dam... but I don't have any pictures  of that... :)

Then we stopped at the capital.  

Outside the capital there is a memorial honoring all the military men and women who have served from South Dakota.


Next we went inside...



This last picture is of the floor.  Everyone of the workers who built the capital was given a light blue tile to place anywhere in the capital.  It is one of the "fun" things to look for when touring. :)
It's been awhile since I had last been to the capital... like I think I was in high school... so I was neat to go revisit and show the kids a part of SD history.

Next up...... The Badlands!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment