Sunday, June 3, 2012

School Play

Well I can even tell you the name of the play at this point... It's 5:30 in the morning and all the kids are still sleeping.  So we will just have to wait until one of them wakes up to get the correct title.  Until then, here's what I know...

In January, we got the most amazing music teacher to come and work at MZIS!!!  She is truly a gift!  She an a few of the other teachers from both schools (highlands and lowlands) wrote from scratch a this play!  They did made up the lines and picked out all the songs to go with the themes in the play.  The play is about a young boy who befriends, Miss Nancy (played by Marz), who lives in a retirement home.  The boy is told that Miss Nancy is losing her memory so he finds some of his most prized possessions and takes them to Miss Nancy to help her remember.  Here is Miss Nancy...
Teddy played one of the men at the retirement center... I also forget his name...  But he told a very scary story to the little boy...
Here are our two "Old Folks"... They should have taken their calcium when they were younger! ;)
Gavin and Gabrielle were part of the flashback scenes.  Gavin played a soldier... how fitting. :)  And Gabby played Miss Nancy's friend when whey were younger.  Here are all four of our thespians together...
The part of the play that really hit home for me was when the boys (Ted and Gavin) sang a song (can't remember the name of it either) about a boy who went to war and died...  I am telling you, that hit way way too close to home.  Not that I have ever know anyone who had died in war, but the thought that it could be the boys one day....  Tears were a rolling, that is for sure!! 

It was truly a great night and the best "End of school program" we have had since we have been here!!

Robin

PS  Over all, I truly think the play was written about me.... I can't remember a thing these days!!  Wait, who are those children and why am I writing this??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment