Monday, November 22, 2010

Bunaken Island

While in Manado, part of our package was to take the family snorkeling as many times as we wanted. Well, we ended up going out for one day. With all the scuba classes, that was as good as it was going to get.

Our guides took us to a place called Bunaken Island. We did some snorkeling, and then they took us into the island to have lunch.

Below is a view of the island from where we were snorkeling.

This is the restaurant where we ate. It was a family owned restaurant.

Lunch....... :)

Oh, excuse me, this was lunch! Ha Ha Ha!
They took us "out back" to pick out which fish we wanted. I think this was from the catch just that morning.

Everyone sitting down to eat.... well, except for Chris. He was taking the picture. ;)


You know, it is just lovely eating a fish with its eyeballs still there!

After lunch, we did some exploring. Here is how they dried their clothes.
Our hotel was straight across the ocean from where this picture was taken.

Of course, Chris knows no stranger, and started chatting it up with some of the locals while the rest of us checked out the souvenirs.

Mersades and Mike waiting patiently for the shopping to be done.

And finally..... Remember way back when we first moved here, I took a picture of the "Squat Pot" being taken out of the house and a western toilet being put in? Welllllll, I finally had a chance to use one!! Let me just tell you, Thank Goodness I had my swimsuit on!! Why people do this, I really don't get it!!! It's something I don't want to have to repeat!
Here is a picture of my very first "Pot"! :D

Bunaken Island..... Many first for me!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment