Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas Blizzard!

First of all, Merry Christmas Dad! This is the picture that we took Christmas Eve that I tried to email you, but never went through. So here it is. We love you!!



Now on to the blizzard...This is what we woke up to Christmas morning.

Then my dad and I went to work. I think it only took us a couple of hours to snow blow this drift.

I am 5'7" so the drift was around 5' tall.
This snow drift was around 9' tall and was quite wide. The kids and a couple of their cousins made one heck of a snow fort inside the drift. I am going to try to get a video going through the fort.
My dad's buried car. And yes, it is all my fault :-)

More drifts...
These next three pictures are of my parents court yard. The first one is from December 25th and the second is from the 26th. There is quite the build up of snow. Buried under the pile of snow is the grill, the outside bar, and all the patio furniture.


This is dad in front of his patio door out from their bedroom. No escaping there! This picture is for all his hunting friends!
Quintin had to take the tractor to break up the drifts in the roads in Glenham before the town plow could get through. Then I had to dig out my suburban...
Well, now I am off to do more snow shoveling while dad snow blows. Why do men always get the easy work??? Hope all of you had a great Christmas!
God's Blessings,
Robin

PS Now that I am all caught up on the blog, I will think about getting Christmas cards out! :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment