Saturday, September 5, 2009

We're Back!

Well in the United States, that is. We have a stop over in LA, and then fly out tomorrow morning. It will be good to get back and see the kids! I am looking forward to that so much.

There are so many things to tell. Do we know if we are moving or not yet? NO. We wont know that for at least another week or so. Do I know if I want to move? I am not really sure. I am about 50/50. Sometimes I think it would be a really neat experience, which it would be, but then sometimes you feel really lost and don't know what to do, and then you think to yourself, WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

Do I think the kids will like it? Yes, I do. If you don't mentally think about where you are located (like the middle of a jungle, half way around the world ,with a one lane road to the site on the side of a mountain or a helicopter ride to get to) then it's just like any other small mining town you have visited. There would be a lot of travel opportunities, a great school for them to attend, and lots of activities like swimming, soccer, and golf. And that is only a tiny bit.

The two big negatives I see with living over there are security and being so far away from family. The security in Tembagapura (where we would live) is great. They are having some issues on the road to Tembag, which is why everyone is now being flown in by helicopter. The being so far away from home is pretty much taken care of by the travel allowance they give you. We would be able to come home twice a year for a couple of months at a time. So over all there would be more time spent with family, just not as often.

Well, that is about it for now. There is so much more, and so many more feelings, but it is midnight in LA and I am going to try to get some sleep. Have a great night/morning/day. Where ever you are in this world...

God's Blessings,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment