Saturday, December 23, 2017

Bali Tour

Poop coffee, an unseen volcano, and eight hours in a car with four teenagers....  That was our day Friday. :)

Before we went on this tour, I was thinking that it would be the first tour we had done in Bali, but then I remembered and that would have been a lie.  We obviously don't do them often for the above reasons... It takes FOREVER to get anywhere in Bali and my idea of fun is not riding in a car for either hours with four children!  Anyway, we did it because we needed to get out of the villa and away from laying around by the pool... Yes, I am rolling my eyes... ;)

After two hours of car time, our first stop was a Balinese temple.  Everyone had to put sarongs on to cover up their naked legs... The boys looked really pretty in their dresses! ;)



The gardens were gorgeous!



Inside the "mouth" of the first picture posted. Some offerings.

Strike a pose... (rolling m eyes...) ;)

Back outside...





Pictures with Wayan.  He has been our driver in Bali for the last 7 years!



Temple tour over, dresses off, on to the volcano... Back in the car for another hour or so...

And....

This is what we get...






Ten minutes later, we left... :) 
I was ready to go because it was all of 60 degrees up there and it was FREEZING!!! lol!!

Back in the car and down the mountain to tour the coffee plantation... the POOP coffee... otherwise know as Copi Lewak.


Although this was a coffee plantation, many other plants are grown here... vanilla, cocoa, pineapple, ginseng, and cinnamon to name a few.


The interesting part...
These beans...

Eaten by these civet cats and POOPED out!  The poop is gathered up and that's when the fun begins...

Ok, just a second... WHO THOUGHT OF THIS?!?!?!  I mean really... One day you're just sitting around and this animal drops some poop in front of you and you think to yourself "I think I will just roast up these poop morsels and make coffee out of them."  That is a little bit of CRAZY!!  :D

I am always fascinated with stuff like this. ;)



Our tour guide explaining the process after the poop. ;)






Red rice that is grown there.

Overlooking rice fields and new construction of a resort of some sort.



Chris trying the Kopi Lewak.  I will admit, so did I, but it was sooooooo strong that I'm pretty sure hair grew on my chest!! LOL!! :D  Don't need to do that again!!

Testing all the different flavors of coffee and tea they make at this plantation.  My favorite was the chocolate flavored coffee.

Then we ate a very late lunch and then back in the car for a two hour drive "home"...

Favorite picture of the day... They really do love each other! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment