Thursday, September 6, 2018

A Branch Of Schlomerville

I couldn't just leave the title "Schlomerville" because this past weekend was only a small taste of the Schlomer's.  It was only one branch of the thirteen that make up the family tree of John and Hanna Schlomer. Out of the thirteen siblings there's over 600 humans!  Probably closer to 700 now... Can we say Rrrrrabbits???!!! πŸ˜‚

However, out of the Gerhard's, there are 102 as of today.  Five, I believe are deceased and one more on the way.  Now, I am no math genius, but I'm pretty sure if there are 700 in total, that means the Gerghard's are 1/7 of the John and Hanna population!  Um, yah, well...  We LOVE our big families!!!

When we get together, of course it's always mayhem, but it's a special kind of mayhem, because it's just the way we like it!  The more the merrier!!

The weekend was full of golf, children activities, food, corn hole (still the dumbest name for a game EVER!πŸ˜‰), cards, and a lot of catching up.  This was the first Gerhard reunion I have been able to attend since they started doing them a couple years ago.  I'm usually back overseas snuggled up in my mountain home.πŸ˜‰

I'm not going to go in order of activities for the weekend.  I will start with the families and then work everything else in.

So, to start.  At the top of the pyramid, Grandma Agnes.

Then grandma with her kiddos...  Yes, one is missing... πŸ˜”

And the spouses.

Next the grand kids. aka. 1st cousins.

Next, the mayhem... uhhh, I mean great-grand kids. aka. 2nd cousins.  It took a while to line everyone up! πŸ˜‰


Now the six children of Agnes and Gerhard.  Approximately 40 people were missing from the weekend.







On to the activities....

Golf... My team the first day.  We may not have beat those boys, but we were definitely the best looking team out there!!πŸ˜‰

This (beeeeeep) just got real!  Totally bad influences on my team.πŸ˜‚

Day Two.  I would say this was my team on the second day, but when you have only one guy who contributes to the overall score, he was the "team" and the other two were comic relief!!  Yes, I was comic relief just in case you were wondering... 😏

My favorite pic of the weekend.  My baby brother making a putt.

All the golfers.  Some new to the game and "only" four pro's in that group.  The rest of us, well, we try...

Sunday night's picnic.



Food.  Thank you Amy and Josh!!😘

Human piΓ±ata's.


CORN HOLE!!! πŸ˜‚

The making of a mess or also known as slime!

My beautiful nieces.


Grandma and me.  We are equally cold by this point. However...

Grandma had two blankets a coat, sweatshirt, and I'm not sure what else on her.  I completely get her!  The struggle is real people!! πŸ˜‰

Grandma living it up!  She should have had some of that Fireball!! πŸ˜‚

 Fishing with the kiddos.  Q1 will fish anytime!

They caught a bunch of bullheads about 3 inches long.

And global communication devices... 😏

We can't forget Pinochle!

And then "these" people showed up... lol!! She actually may as well be a first cousin, because none of us know the difference. πŸ˜‰.  Deanne is my 2nd cousin.  Almost like a little sister.  Love you Deanne!  Glad you came to see me!!! 😘

And then the weekend was over and I FINALLY get to go back home... Well home to South Dakota. πŸ˜‰


No comments:

Post a Comment