Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My Dad - May 16/17th


Once again, my family is extremely grateful for all the prayers and well wishes for dad.  He needs everyone of them.  But may I ask now for a specific prayer?  The doctors have not been able to find the main source, or cause of the cancer yet.  So please say your prayers for this, that dad is strong enough and is breathing well enough to do some of these much needed tests so the doctors can finally find the main source of the cancer.


A couple housekeeping notes:

1.  I will now start labeling the posts with the dates.  However, since I am currently on the other side of the world, there will be two dates in the title.  Easier for me to keep track of things.

2.  A message from mom, via Facebook concerning messages:  "We hope you will understand if we do not have the time to answer all the phone calls and respond to texts on Marv's phone.  He cannot talk through his oxygen mask.  It is easier if you contact me on my phone so I can respond as time permits between medical staff visits or after I am back at my room while Merv is sleeping."

Please don't stop messaging dad as I am sure he is thrilled to hear from everyone.  Just know, you may not get a response right away, or even one at all.  But like I said, dad would love all the messages!

Ok, this is what I know.  I am taking these notes from text messages that I have received sporadically since I left the States on Sunday.

In the last post, dad was transferred to Sioux Falls South Dakota on Sunday because the doctors in Aberdeen were saying that dad needed Chemo right away because the cancer was spreading so quickly.

The cancer is spreading quickly, but the only thing new since I last posted is that they have not given dad chemo.  They are still looking for the source/tumor.  The reason is is that if they give him the wrong chemo, it will hurt him more than it will help him.

Dad really could use prayers for a strong heart so procedures can be done to find the cancer source.

Sorry this is not much info, but it's what we have at the moment.

God Bless you all! xoxo

PS  Happy Birthday to my Mommy today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment