Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Mother's Day is every day for me!  I have wanted to be a mom ever since I was old enough to walk around holding a baby.  Nothing else in this world really ever mattered to me.  I knew I would "grow up" to be a mom!  I have the BEST JOB ON EARTH!!

One of the "best things" about Mother's Day, is the poem I get from Marz!  She has written me a poem every year since starting boarding school.  So I have four.  I really, really hope she continues her poems on into college!! (Hint, Hint Marz! ;))  I waited ALL morning for this poem!!  Ok, maybe only a few hours... and I only checked my emails about 500 times!! ;)

From Marz:
Mama, sweet mama
Half of my genes come from you
If you were a llama
A llama I would be too

Mama, sweet mama
Your food is sublime
Bacon and burgers, not llama
So many cookies it's a crime

Mama, sweet mama
Gentle and kind
You somehow tamed papa
And to us kids gave a mind

Mama, sweet mama
Beautiful inside and out
Your soul reaches the sky
On you lips rarely a pout

Mama, sweet mama
I've run out of rhymes
Not many words match mama
I'll try again some other time

But, seriously, you are the best mom ever. Thank you for all that you've done, from cleaning up after us to feeding us to disciplining us. I love you, and I'm positive the rest of the kiddos love you too. 

Happy Mother's Day! 

The best babies in the world!  The four that make this day the BEST!!
 
This was the last time all four kids were with me... February...  Now only two short week and I will be with them for two months.  Can't wait!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment